I love some good food and that is a statement. Looking up a place to go get a bite to eat is better than cooking after a long day. Unless you absolutely Looove cooking and then you have your answer. Which brings me to the fact eating in a cruise is not a difficult task as a matter of fact is way too easy. There are so many choices and they are all equally good, so why do I have to choose one? The answer is you don’t. So east the cake and drink the wine because vacation is about having fun and enjoying yourself.
What would you say about sampling some of these plates? There were all delicious and I cannot wait to go get some more. Even a plain simple ice cream cone tasted better while in the middle of the ocean. Hope you enjoy the picts below. 😉
The photo on the left shows I didn’t just hang out at the dessert stations!!!
XOXO Iris B
There are so many different things to do when you are cruising. Ports are ultimately refreshing to reach, they allow us to visit new places and enjoy new things but before you get there you are @Sea so what can you do to pass the time? The amount of things you can get yourself into are countless but I’ll mention a few below to pick your interest.
- Entertainment Galore- Live shows, movies, clubs, arcades, pools, spas, gym, and lot’s of family friendly activities because we want the little one to be included. I am just naming a few things, Trust Me on this.
- Shopping- This is one of my favorite things, simply exciting to me because you are able to find unique stores with all sort of items. Forgot your perfume and make up bag at home? No worries I am sure you can find all you need here, is like a floating Mall. But a fancy one at that.
- Gambling – If you like the thrill and the adrenaline that sport can provide you then you are on the right place (lots of choices around) and most cruise lines have casinos on board.
- Dancing and Singing- Get your pick because there are many chances to do that on board and my favorite part is that those around are ALL Strangers, so what are the chances you will see those people again. Slim. With that said be mindful of social media because you could go viral.
- Drinking and Dinning- Most cruise lines have a drink package you can purchase but of that’s not available then there are plenty of bars to pay as you go ($$$). But hey you are cruising so there is nothing wrong with a little bit of FUN while @Sea. Food is just everywhere you turn and the quality is for the most part great (My Cruise Experience: Disney Cruise Line and Norwegian Cruise Line). The questions is do you like buffet style so you come and go as you please or are you after some Fancy cuisine to sit down and enjoy the ambiance? Well they have it all, so don’t go to bed hungry when they have all those choices available.
Spa Time for us because we need some me time. My photographer aka my husband David got us a couples massage.
Love such Surprises!!!
My favorite drink a Pina Colada- Just an afternoon refreshment. Or was it?
Love our vacation time and we work hard so it is okay to enjoy a treat here an there. You may ask where are our kids, well they are hanging out with other teenagers and having tons of fun because they have their own agenda as soon they board.
Share what you do while on vacation and what are some of your favorite destinations.
XOXO Iris B
Yesterday I posted a photo that I took on our last cruise. The photo was taken @ St. John’s USVI, if you never visited the Island you want to consider it. I highly recommend it. Because it is breath taking!!!
Places like that are good not just for the body but for the soul too. I liked it soooo much and I can’t wait to plan a trip for a longer period of time, let’s be honest 8-10 hours is not enough time to enjoy such beauty.
We prepaid for a Beach and Snorkel adventure @Trunk Bay weeks before the cruise. Obviously you can just get to the port and wing it when you cruise because no one says you have to do anything by the book. Yet I am more of a planner so I like to look at the pros and cons before I book something to take the stress off on the spot which is why I research things at home before hand. Not to mention sometimes if you wait too long they may be sold out.
So you are on the cruise and is time prepare for it. The best thing is to pack what you need the night before. That will allow you to get up and get a good breakfast and just go go go.
So here are a few things you want to consider to have at hand:
- State room key and Identification are both required (like valid Driver’s License) to come off the ship and later return. Yet I prefer passports in case you miss the ship and have to catch up to cruise some other way or fly home. (Hope that never happens but if it does you want to be ready, right?)
- Excursion tickets if you have prepaid for a tour, that is how they know you are in their party.
- Take a beach towel (cruise usually provides them) and sun screen for the whole party (they are indispensable items on a beach getaway especially)
- Bottled water is another big item you want to have because staying hydrated is a great idea. Some excursions provide water but if they don’t you are prepared. I like to have some cash for getting a refill afterwards too because with warm/hot temps cold water is very refreshing.
- Footwear is another Big Deal because if you are going to the beach or hiking comfort is necessary.
- A change of clothe is a good choice especially if you have young children.
- Last but not least fully charge cellphones and camcorders because if you are anything like me you want to capture the smiles and the family bonding. So rewarding!
We can go on and on but if you have these 7 things @ hand you will likely have the average essentials. Again look at your needs and be prepared to enjoy the Fun and soak in all that Sunshine.
XOXO Iris B
What makes you Happy? This is not a simple question even when it may seem to be.
Happiness can have a different meaning because it all depends on the individual you ask the question to. I don’t want to sound like I have the answer because trust me I know I don’t, but I will share some of the things that make me Very Happy.
My family is number one off course and number two is spending quality time with them. The time I have with them is a blessing and I am thankful for every second of it. They make me Whole. What is your favorite family activity? Do share.
I Love making memories with my family that will last us a lifetime. As they grow up and get ready to fly away to begin their own adventures I want to know that what we did together will keep us closer even when we may be apart. We love vacations and over the years we learned how to make it fun since kids and traveling don’t always mix. So I think the best thing is to be sure you pick something that you will all enjoy. I wanted to talk about something we started doing a few years ago, cruising. Have you taken a cruise before, if so did you like it? I loved just about everything so Can I Say Fun? Because the planning is as fun as the vacation can be for my husband and I. This is a great way to explore the world within a reasonable budget. Some destinations are more expensive than others and obviously it is up to us to find us a good deal.
Stay tune because I will share tips on what to pack, some of my favorite things to do on board and also what to do @ the ports we visited as a family so far 😉
Here is a picture that will transport you to a beautiful paradise until my post coming up tomorrow with more details. Super excited!!!
XOXO Iris B
I am so excited to get my first post out. For weeks I was logging in and spending time on the look of the site itself yet not so much on the content of my first post. So I am jumping in with both feet like that all saying we all know so much about.
Shopping is hard for some of us and it can be very stressful if you are not the average size person. But it is okay to be different, you may be too short or too tall, but hey we simply embrace it to make the best of it. If you are too short (like me) you spend some time on a step stool or whatever is near you can climb on to reach some hard to get to items. But if you are too tall you bend a lot to reach lower things that I take for granted sine they are easy for me and that can hurt your back because of the frequency of that activity. So what I am trying to say is we all have challenges but that’s okay, trust me, I speak by experience. We just find ways to find a happy medium. When I was on my twenties I got away with buying kids clothes but at almost 39 years old (which by the way let’s keep that number between us) things are just a tad different. As a professional others expect me to dress accordingly and you manage to overcome the obstacles on your way. Over the years found stores that run smaller and fit me well enough so they get my business over and over again.
There are going to be a few photos as you can tell by now (selfies to be exact) of myself because I want you to see the everyday me. There are not full of the fashion material/quality you expect from a blogger these days but hang in there with me ladies I will get up to speed and improve in all the things I lack now but others master. With that said I invite you to subscribe and Grow with Me because we are going to have a lot of fun. The photos I am using are just random pics. The first one I am on my way to work or driving my kids somewhere, next I am on vacation which explains the messy hair/ natural curls and last but not least you will see me as soon as I got home after a long day of work. “All the selfies on my car were taken when the car was at parked somewhere because safety is very important to me”.
But we are going to look at some fashion tips and cute outfits in the next few posts. Because if you find yourself struggling in the shopping area maybe my ideas can help you.
We are also going to travel together, some will be back in time to the wonderful vacations I’ve taken with my family over the last few years. To give you some hints this family Loves to Cruise so we will cover the places we visited, the food and the entertainment because that is good information to have especially if you are thinking to begin travelling abroad alone or with the family. With that said we drive to a lot of our destinations by car within a reasonable driving distance but flying is my all-time favorite mode of transportation so when things get too far to drive we just fly since places like California and Hawaii are too far not that you can drive to Hawaii but I think you get the picture. We also got a few exciting trips coming up and will share those as I go.
My blog will cover Fashion, Travelling (which are my two favorite things about my blog) and Lifestyle as you probably already notice on my title below the Short and Sweet Chic name. Lifestyle is a broad subject in my opinion which will allow me some freedom to include topics like DIY projects for home or garden, family tips, some cooking ideas which may include quick meals along with some of my favorite Cuban dishes. Again subscribe and we will have lots of fun here on my post and always feel free to comment and give suggestions because I am new and I need all the help I can get. Till next post.
XOXO Iris B